At Complete Car Care your personal import vehicle is complied to meet Australian standards and fulfill the Blue Slip inspection requirements. This means that once our services are carried out your vehicle is ready to be driven on Australian roads. Along with all types of cars, Complete Car Care is able to comply your personally imported bikes, boats and trailers to meet Australian standards.
How to go about importing your vehicle to Australia
Firstly, you need to apply to the Australian Government for Personal Import Approval.
This is done through The Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Local Government.
An Import Approval must be obtained for a vehicle to gain customs clearance at its point of entry to Australia. Vehicles that arrive in Australia without an Personal Import Approval generally incur significant storage costs until an Import Approval is issued.
To access the online Application for Approval to Import a Vehicle, please click here.
Secondly, a Freight Forwarder/Customs Agent needs to be organized to take care of the shipment and clearance of your vehicle. We can arrange this for you through our contacts who specialise in the importing of cars, motorbikes and boats from around the world.
Alternatively, you can visit our Links Page to browse through a number of companies who can also assist you with freighting and customs requirements.
After your vehicle has cleared, it comes to Complete Car Care so that we can attend to the Australian compliance and registration of your vehicle.
The procedures include the following ;
- Imported Blue Slip: this ensures the roadworthiness for the Roads & Traffic Authority.
- Weighbridge certificate.
- Child restraint anchor points.
- Replace driver side door mirror to the correct standard. (not all vehicles)
- Engineer certificate (not all vehicles).
- Personal import compliance plate.
- Roads & Traffic Authority Visual Identification Unit inspection (not all vehicles).
- Any mechanical, cleaning, valet or quarantine procedures that your vehicle may require.
To start your Australian compliance, Complete Car Care needs the following;
- Original Vehicle Import Approval documents from the Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Local Government.
- A Bill of Sale from when the car was originally purchased in your name.
- A copy of your old registration papers from when your vehicle was last registered.
- A copy of your NSW driver’s license and/or NSW RTA customer number.
- Go to www.rms.nsw.gov.au to find out more information.
- Power of Attorney: This document gives authorization for Complete Car Care to act on your behalf, therefore enabling our importing manager to register your car for you. The Power of Attorney is valid for a one month period and for it to be accepted by the Roads & Traffic Authority it must be an original copy. Download a copy of the Power of Attorney document here.
Once your vehicle is registered we fit your new number plates to your vehicle and the final process is complete. Your personally imported vehicle is then ready for pick up or at your request we will deliver your vehicle to your doorstep.
Please note: A Blue Slip is also required for interstate vehicle in order to be registered in NSW.
Please click here to request a quote.